Bearpoint Kennel and Black Forest Kennel APLA, AKC, UKC American Pointing Labradors Hip, Elbow and Eye GUARANTEE
The puppy you are purchasing on, DOB: _____________, Reg _______________, Micro Chip #_______________________ is guaranteed to be free of hip & elbow dysphasia; any CERF eye defects as long as the following criteria are met. The dog will be replaced with an eight week or older puppy from similar breeding or breeding of Bearpoint Kennel’s choice provided that all criterions are met.
- The dog’s hips and elbows should be x-rayed between 24 and 26 months of age by an approved veterinarian, X-rays sent to O.F.A. to be examined. (Dogs over 26 months of age are not covered under this guarantee.)
Bearpoint Kennel or Black Forest can require a second opinion from a different veterinarian.
- If the dog was certified to be dysplastic, the owner must submit proof in writing from O.F.A. (A copy of O.F.A.’s certification) and from a veterinarian that the dog has been spayed or neutered. Bearpoint Kennel has access to any vet records of injuries occurring prior to 2 years of age. (Micro Chip number must be present on written documents.)
- The dog must not be used for breeding until x-rayed and approved by O.F.A. If the dog is used for Breeding or has been bred before being approved by O.F.A., guarantee is VOID.
- The dog must have his/her eyes examined by 1 year of age by a certified veterinary ophthalmologist. The ophthalmologist must state in writing that the defect is of a hereditary nature and not caused by injury or illness. (Micro Chip number must be present on written document.) Dogs over 18 months are not covered under this guarantee.
- 5. Ethical Breeder policy: Puppies will be sold with a Limited Registration until they have passed and met all their health requirements in Bearpoint Kennels guarantee. At which time Bearpoint Kennel will sign a Revoke sheet to owner. Cost of full registration is $25.00 which is paid to AKC directly. . New owner must also do DNA panel on dog.
- No dog will be guaranteed unless the pup/dog is registered with AKC and/or UKC and must carry the word Bearpoint.
Full Registration will not be granted if Bearpoint is not in the puppy/dogs registered name, abbreviations will not be accepted. (30 Characters Max). Micro-chip must also be registered, and registration has not been transferred to a new owner. Also, except Black Forest. Bearpoint may also for any of these conditions, refuse a new owner requesting dog replacement or Full Registration.
- You must use a Premium Puppy food up to the age of 6 months to a Year. You must not over feed during these months. Our recommendations are: From puppy to 6 months of age a good quality puppy food.
** Example: 30/20 ratio of Protein/Fat. Once pup is 6 months old, YOU MUST LOWER THE PROTEIN!!
** Example: 26/19 ratio of Protein/Fat. This is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT!
- We guarantee not to produce an effected (positive) dog with EIC, CNM, or PRA
- . If not considering a breeding program, puppies should be spayed or neutered after the age of 18 months of age,this will promote good healthy joints and growth development. Guarantee voided if not followed!!
- Initials indicate you understand what must be done before Breeding this Male/Female Dog. If male pup, did client check both testicles? ________________. Initials to accept .
Bearpoint Kennel has given the Treatment Records and Rabies Prevention brochure per Colorado 19.00 F. 3.. _______ Please initial